- 2004-2008 Saint-Petersburg State University, Oriental Faculty, the department of Central Asia and the Caucasus (History of the Caucasus (Azerbaijan)), Bachelor of Asian and African Studies. Graduation thesis: “Mustafa ‘Ali-efenndi’s (d. 1599) Kunh al-Akhbar as a source on the history of Islam in the Ottoman Empire”.
- 2008-2010 Saint-Petersburg State University, Oriental Faculty, Master of Asian and African Studies. Area of specialization: Asian and African Religions. Islamic law. Graduation thesis: “Characteristics of Islamic law in the 16th century Ottoman Empire (based on the fatwas of Ebu’s-su‘ud-efendi)”.
- 2010 entered the St. Petersburg State University postgraduate program, the department of Central Asia and the Caucasus. Thesis: “Fatwas as the source of Islamic family law in the Ottoman Empire late XV- early XVII centuries”.
- English, Turkish (fluent).
- Persian, German (reading and translation with a dictionary).
Current employment: St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Oriental Studies, the Program of Organization of Tourism Activities with Asian and African Countries.
Within the frames of laboratory investigations works on:
- History of Law in the Ottoman Empire;
- Features of the Ottoman legal system;
- Coexistence of the two legal systems in the Ottoman Empire (state and religious);
- Muslim family law in the Ottoman Empire XV-XVII centuries;
- The Ottoman Empire XV-XVII centuries as an attempt to build the state based on the principles of Islamic law (Islamic state)
- Essential terminological base (considered in the context of the study period).
- Kalmanovich D.V. (Ulanova D.V.) Fatwas of Ebu’s-su‘ud-efendi as the Source on the History of the Family Law in the Ottoman Empire in the XVI Century / / Vestnik St. Petersburg University. 2011. Ser.13. Orientalism. African Studies. MY. 4. Pp. 32-41.
- Kalmanovich D.V. (Ulanova D.V.) Turkish and Western Historiography on the Legal System of the Ottoman Empire in the XVI Century / / Izvestia: Herzen University Journal of Humanities and Sciences. 2011. № 132. Pp. 49-58.
- Kalmanovich D.V. (Ulanova D.V.) Institute of Divorce in the Ottoman Empire in the XVI Century (based on fatwas of Ebu’s-su‘ud-efendi) / / Bulletin of the Novgorod State University. 2012 . Ser. Humanities. № 69. Pp. 48-51.
- Kalmanovich D.V. (Ulanova D.V.) Forms Dower (mehr) in the Ottoman Empire of the XVI century / / Actual Problems of the Theory and History of State and Law. MY. 3. / Ed. Kovalev B.N. Veliky Novgorod, 2011. Pp. 38-40.
- Ulanova D.V. Farzaliev A.M. Fatwas as a Source of the Family Law in the Ottoman Empire late XVI – early XVII Centuries (based on the fatwas of Ibn Kemal, Ebu’s-su‘ud-efendi and Yahya-efendi ) / / XXVII International Conference on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa. Local Heritage and Global Perspective. “Traditionalism” and “revolutionism” in the East. Abstracts / Ed. Dyakov N.N., Matveev A.S. St. Petersburg, 2013. Pp. 81.